Traditional Indian Medicine
Ayurveda is the sister science of yoga and literally means science of life. It is an approach to living in harmony with the universe, the seasons, and nature in order to achieve optimum health.
Amrit Yoga Institute is proud to announce a Ayurveda Certification Program for yoga teachers, massage therapists, and other health care professionals at Amrit Yoga Institute, Salt Springs, Florida, USA. This training program is based on the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) Benchmarks for training in traditional / complementary and alternative medicine.
Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant
Nutrition | Lifestyle | Preventative Care
ALC Dates 2017
April 28 – 30 Conference – Ayurveda & Psychology – MUM, Fairfield, Iowa
The Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant (ALC) Certification Program is a 500-hour course, divided into three modules, which take place over a period of 4 months and includes classroom training, webinar instruction, education at an ayurveda conference, and home study, quizzes, assignments, and projects
- Learn the basic principles of ayurveda and how to apply these principles and practices to their own lives.
- Make recommendations to clients regarding modifications in their lifestyles, exercise routines, yoga practices and nutrition according to their individual constitutions to restore balance to their lives.
- Apply credits toward the upcoming Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner (CAP) course to be offered in 2017 (CAP requires a total of 1000 hours of ayurvedic study and a clinical internship in India).
Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner
Homeopathy | Disease Management
February 22 – 26 AYI
May 17 -21 AYI
April 28 – 30 Conference – Ayurveda & Psychology, MUM, Fairfield, Iowa
August 4 – 6 Conference – Ayurveda & Home Remedies, Atlanta, Georgia
Sep 9-24, 2017 – India
A Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner (CAP) is a professional with additional training in pathology and disease management beyond that of the Certified Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant (CALC) and is qualified to practice preventive health care and health promotion using nutrition, lifestyle management, and herbal dietary supplements.
- Practice health promotion and preventive care
- Nutritional counseling
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Disease management through nutrition, lifestyle and dietary supplements.
- Clinical internship in India
Dr Vijay Jain, MD
FACS, RAAP, Florida, USA
40 years of experience in General Surgery and 20 years of focused study of Integrative Medicine to his engaging integration of traditional/Western medicine with ancient ayurvedic medicine. In addition to his Ayurveda practice, Dr. Jain teaches ayurvedic courses on behalf of International University of Yoga and Ayurveda which he cofounded in 2013.
MDAYURVED, LMT, ERYT-500
Practicing and teaching ayurveda worldwide since 1988. Shekhar Annambhotla is the Founding Director of Ojas, LLC, Ayurveda Wellness Center, in Pennsylvania, President of Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA) and Director of Global Ayurveda Conferences, LLC, USA. He began his eight-year course of study in ayurveda at the age of 17
Yoga Teacher Training
The Posture of Consciousness
Prerequisite to Ayurvedic Training:
Completion of certification in a Yoga Alliance approved 200-hour Teacher Training or any other health professional training to ensure understanding of basic fundamental principles of ayurveda, yoga and health
- Use postures not just for exercise, but for self-study, transformation and Self-discovery techniques which enable you to move beyond mental disturbances, and into the bliss of being present as you are
- Guide students safely and effectively through 26 dynamic postures of the Integrative Amrit Method sequence
- Learn anatomy principles, assists and modifications to make asana practice accessible to every body
- Learn a unique and concise script to bring students into and out of postures using succinct, clear and effective language for awakening inner awareness
Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant and Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner Programs are certified by the International Association of Yoga and Ayurveda (IUYA) and the Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA)