I AM Yoga Therapy: The Amrit Method of Body Psychology
at Santosha, Providence RI with Chitra Marie Bailey, Psy. D.
Life is energy. It is meant to flow through us, each time leaving us broader, richer and evolving us for having known it. When we experience more intensity than we can handle, we shut this process down and create blocks in the body. The Amrit Method of Yoga Therapy is designed to not only treat visible physical symptoms, but is aimed at addressing the invisible mental and emotional blocks that contribute to them. Using gravity supported, static poses held by the facilitator, or with the use of the wall or props ,you will learn how to surface and release blockages held in body zones such as legs, buttocks, hamstrings, heart and shoulders.
• Explore the anatomy of energy and how it becomes blocked
• Use a variety of prop and partner assisted yoga postures to intensify energy flow and encounter energetic holding patterns
• Learn about the chakras as a map to our personal evolution and how yoga therapy poses can be used to open stagnant energies
• Discover how to healthfully integrate and release emotions for yourself and others
• Use various experiences to connect with and learn to listen to the energy of the body and what it is saying to you
• Learn how to lead a yoga therapy class with partner and prop supported assists
In this training you will learn how to give individualized yoga therapy sessions as well as group yoga therapy classes. A reduced schedule for two and a half days mid-training allows for integration time, supervised practicum and time to practice with one another. This training can be used as a powerful tool for your own personal journey.
Yoga therapy creates:
• The opportunity to re-program mental and emotional patterns that produce dis-ease
• Improved posture and range of motion
• Reduction of chronic pain and tension
• Long term restoration of body function after injury or surgery
• Increased energy, Mental clarity, emotional balance and assistance to transform unhealthy thinking patterns
Further explore the Integrative Amrit Method (I AM) of Yoga Therapy, or learn more about your stay at the Amrit Yoga Institute
Early Bird Registration Discount available until: June 05th, 2017
- Part A Immersion June 2017
06/21/2017 - 06/25/2017
10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Part B Certification August 2017
08/16/2017 - 08/20/2017
10:00 am - 11:00 am